CropWatch June 5, 2015
- Fusarium Head Blight (Scab) Confirmed in Wheat at UNL's Agricultural Research and Development Center near Mead. Incidence was low and severity (percentage of disease spikelets per head) ranged from low to high.
- Wheat Variety Tour June 11 at ARDC. Learn from UNL wheat specialists and see how various varieties performed in the field. Six more wheat tours.
Corn & Soybean Production
Given the extended planting and replant season, we are relisting timely articles.
- Corn and Soybean Survival in Saturated and Flooded Fields
- Early Season Flooding and Soybean Survival
- Strategies with Delayed Soybean Planting
- Assessing Corn Replant Options
- Hail Damage to Corn (EC126)
- Hail Damage to Soybean (EC128)
- Late Planting Provisions for Crop Insurance
- Nebraska Extension Flood Resources
- Nebraska On-Farm Research Network Projects Available, including sidedressing N based on Maize-N, late-planted soybean populations, and assessment of ag products.
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Grass Control in Alfalfa
- Preservatives and Hay Moisture. Hay moisture when baled affects yield, quality, and storability. Preservatives can extend your options.
- Precipitation and Temperature Outlooks; GDDs Lagging; Reservoirs Filling
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update for June. Also, recap of number of weather records broken in May in Nebraska.
- Soil Moisture Update (June 1). Much of the Panhandle is near or at field capacity, as is southeast Nebraska.
IANR & Extension