- Resisting Resistance — Understanding and Slowing the Further Development of Pesticide Resistance
- Modes of Action and Resistance Management
- Understanding Bt Corn Traits, Events, Proteins
- Why is Bt Corn Refuge Compliance so Important?
- Biological and Ecological Factors Affecting Development of Pesticide Resistance
- Glyphosate-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Confirmed in Southwest Nebraska (May 2015)
- Herbicide-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Field Day Aug. 4 (2015)
UNL Weed Scientists on Weed Resistance
Although it has been getting more attention the last few years, the issue of herbicide resistant weeds is not new. In this video retired UNL weed scientist Alex Martin discusses some of the history of weed resistance and how we got to where we are today. Chris Proctor, a current UNL weed scientist, highlights some of the present-day issues with herbicide resistance management.
Both note the importance of diverse weed management techniques to slow the spread of herbicide resistance and the significance of thoughtful stewardship of our herbicide technologies to ensure their usefulness into the future.
INDUSTRY & EDUCATION
- Take Action on Weeds: Herbicide Resistance Management. Information, tools, events from the United Soybean Board
- Resistance Management: Insects and Weeds. On-line courses hosted by the National Corn Growers Association
- Fungicide Resistance Action Committee
- Herbicide (North American) Resistance Action Committee
- Insecticide Resistance Action Committee
MODE OF ACTION REFERENCE GUIDES
2021 FAQ for Restricted Use Pesticide Dicamba Products (Engenia®, XtendiMax® and Tavium®)
February 1, 2021
Review use requirements for three newly registered dicamba products, including information on training, application time limits and new recordkeeping requirements for 2021.
First ECB Resistance to Bt Corn Reported in Canada
May 22, 2019
The first case of field-evolved resistance of European corn borer (ECB) to Bt transgenic corn has been reported in Canada. What does this mean for Nebraska corn farmers and how can they help maintain resistance here?
Glyphosate-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Field Day July 10
June 7, 2019
Jason Norsworthy, a weed scientist from the University of Arkansas, will be the keynote speaker at this year's Glyphosate-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Management Field Day on Wednesday, July 10, near Carleton.
2019 FAQ for RUP Dicamba Herbicides (FeXapan™, Engenia® and XtendiMax®)
January 30, 2019
"If I had RUP dicamba training in 2018, do I need training in 2019?" The answer to that question, which is "Yes," and other questions about training and new application requirements for the three RUP dicamba products are covered in this FAQ.
Pollen-Mediated Gene Flow and Transfer of Herbicide-Resistant Alleles
January 22, 2019
Pollen-mediated gene flow at a distance could allow the spread of rare herbicide-resistant alleles and favor the evolution of multiple herbicide-resistant biotypes through the accumulation of different resistant genes in an individual weed or weed population. From the Nebraska Crop Management Conference Proceedings.