February 17, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
Dry Bean & Dry Pea Production
- New Chickpea Cultivar—New Hope—Offers Just That. After more than 10 years of research, a new cultivar offers enhanced disease resistance for Panhandle growers.
- Register now for the On-Farm Research Network meetings. To register call (402) 624-8030 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings will be:
Monday—Mead | Tuesday—Norfolk | Thursday—North Platte | Friday—Alliance | Monday (Feb. 27)—Grand Island
- SCN Now Confirmed in 58 Counties; How About Your Field? Last year SCN cost Nebraska farmers an estimated $40 million in lost yields. Can you afford not to take the free soil test?
- Announcing the 7th Annual SCN 'Tode Awards. Winners or losers, these counties now have a better idea of the SCN threat they face.
- Status of North Platte River Basin and Reservoirs: Precipitation's been above normal and most reservoirs already above 70% capacity.
Forage & Alfalfa Production
- Be Alert to Risk of Alfalfa Winter Injury. Intermittent growth during warm spells may use vital nutrients needed for later growth.
- Dormant Spraying Alfalfa Weeds. This may be one of the best times to manage winter annuals in your alfalfa.
- On this week's program view segments on property tax reform, precision ag tools, an IANR update following IANR Harlan Vice Chancellor Mike Boehm's visits around the state, the hog markets, and the forecast for next week.
- Number of Nebraska Farms Decreases in 2016. Average farm size up six acres
IANR & Extension Event Reminders
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL crops specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
UNL_CropWatch on TwitterTweets by @UNL_CropWatch
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.