July 1, 2016Corn Production
- 2016 Corn Yield Forecasts: Approach and Interpretation of Results. University specialists in 12 states are working together to model real-time, average corn yield estimates for 41 sites across the Corn Belt.
- Post Harvest Weed Control in Winter Wheat. Timely weed control in wheat now can mean fewer weeds & disease for the next crop.
- Pre-Harvest Weed Control (June 24 article)
- Scout Field Borders for Grasshoppers. Get the jump on immature stages while control is still doable.
- Japanese Beetles Emerging; Identification Key to Management
- Extension Crop Reports & Photos
- USDA NASS Acreage Report (June 30)
- USDA NASS Stored Grain Report (June 30)
- US Drought Monitor for Nebraska (June 28)
- Market Journal: View segments on grain markets, Brexit & ag exports, FAA UAV (drone) rules, insect scouting in corn, soybeans, and alfalfa, and the forecast for the coming week.
- Get Hands-On Learning at Midsummer Crop Management Diagnostic Clinic July 13
- Reminder: Resistant Palmer Amaranth Management Field Day July 12 at Shickley
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.