2017-2018 Farm Real Estate Report
Reports agricultural land values and rental rates for Nebraska as well as changes from a year earlier, based on results from the Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Survey. The February 2018 survey of nearly 120 expert-panel members from across the state provided current information and insight regarding the agricultural land market conditions in their areas. They also provided details of actual sales transactions over the previous 12 months.
Preliminary Report. The March 14, 2018 Cornhusker Economics, 2018 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates.
Final Report: Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights 2017-18.
The Cornhusker Economics for March 15, 2017, Trends in Nebraska Farmland Markets: Declining Agricultural Land Values and Rental Rates, includes a discussion on agland real estate, breakdown of real estate rates by district, and tables of average farmland value and land rental rates by district. The author is Jim Jansen, Nebraska Extension agricultural systems economist.
Preliminary findings from the University of Nebraska–Lincoln 2016 Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Survey indicate that as of Feb. 1, 2016, the weighted average farmland value declined by about 4 percent over the prior 12-month period to $3,135 per acre. This decline marks the second consecutive year of lower weighted average farmland values in Nebraska. Read More»
Subscribe to notifications of new Nebraska Farm Real Estate Reports
- Farmland Leasing Checklist
- Frequently Asked Questions - Farmland Leases
- Farm Lease Calculator - Updated March 13, 2015 (Excel® file)
- Flex Cash Lease Calculator (Excel® file)
- Flexible Cash Leasing of Cropland
- Farm Lease Types and Options for Renegotiation or Termination
- Q&A: What Happens with a Loss of Operating Credit and Loan Subordination
- Cash Leasing with Integrity
- Rental Agreement Lease Forms (free to download - PDF format)
- Agricultural Real Estate and The Property Tax Dilemma (presented to ASFMRA, February 2011, Updated 4/11)
- Irrigation Cost Analysis
IRRIGCOST (Excel file)
- Irrigation Fact Sheet
- Lincoln Metropolitan Area Future
- Nebraska Appraisers (Real Estate) by County
- Nebraska Livestock Friendly Counties