This site is your resource for bioenergy industry topics on agriculturally based sustainable energy sources and related issues including bioenergy crops, biofuels, and small and large wind.
Workshops December 2022: Solar Electric for Farms, Homes, and Businesses
Sponsored by Nebraska Public Power District, Omaha Public Power District, and Lincoln Electric Systems
This workshop is for homeowners, farmers, and business owners who are interested in exploring solar PV systems. The workshop will review the function, feasibility, and economic return of solar electric systems for farms, homes, and businesses. Each solar installation is unique, and individuals have their own reasons for exploring solar installations. This workshop will help you decide if solar is right for you, by learning about how systems work, safety, the value of electricity, value of incentives, and how to evaluate quotes from installers. The workshop speaker will be Nebraska Extension Educator, F. John Hay, who has 10 years’ experience doing solar economic analysis and installed solar at his home in 2017. Questions: Jhay2@unl.edu
- Lincoln, NE Dec. 1st 2022 6:00 – 8:00 PM Lancaster Co Extension Office 444 Cherrycreek Rd. Suite A
- Tekamah, NE Dec. 5th 2022 3:00 – 5:00 PM Tekamah City Auditorium 1315 K St.
- Auburn, NE Dec. 6th 2022 6:00 – 8:00 PM Nemaha Co 4-H Building 816 I St.
- Chadron, NE Dec. 7th 2022 3:00 – 5:00 PM MT Dawes County 4-H Building 2009 E Norfolk, Ave.
- Ogallala, NE Dec. 8th 2022 4:00 – 6:00 PM MT Keith County Fairgrounds 1000 W 3rd St.
- Concord, NE Dec. 13th 2022 6:00 – 8:00 PM Haskell Ag Lab 57905 866 Rd.
- Central City, NE Dec. 15th 2022 6:00 – 8:00 PM Merrick Co. 4-H Building 1784 Fairgrounds Rd.