Engaging Youth in Crop Production
- What macronutrients do crops need? Play Crops Hangman to find out!
- Dig into some interesting facts about Nebraska crops.
- Learn how crops grow and factors that affect them.
Learn the science behind crops issues and how crop science relates to careers, through fun activities!
- Be savvy on crop growth, diseases, insects and weeds.
- Just have some fun and test your knowledge with interactive games.
- Learn about exciting career opportunities related to crop and plant science. The University of Nebraska offers great majors for anyone interested in anything plants. Check it out!
New Opportunity: 2021 Special Agronomy Project - Teosinte
Check out all the opportunities to learn through hands-on projects and workshops on:
- plant sciences,
- crop production,
- range management,
- Crop Science Investigation - integrated pest management.
Pick some of your own interesting projects and enter your project in your local county or state fair!
- 4-H Pick-a-Project Guide
- 4-H Crop Curriculum (ISU link)
- Nebraska 4-H Crop Production Sheet
- 4-H Range Management Curriculum
- 4-H Insectigator Curriculum
- 4-H Horticulture Curriculum
- 4-H Plant Science Contests
- Teaching Activities and Resources
Encourage youth to think more about agricultural careers with the help of educational resources for:
- 4-H Leaders
- Ag Teachers
- Extension Personnel
- Interested Parents/ Mentors
For more information on degree programs in agronomy or other plant science related careers:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. See information and degree requirements.
- The College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) offers 28 programs of study and two pre-professional programs in agriculture.