Youth and Youth Activities
Engaging Youth in Crop Production
- Test your knowledge of corn development with this online crossword puzzle!
- Thinking about planting? Find terms related to Prepping for Planting!
- What macronutrients do crops need? Play Crops Hangman to find out!
- Dig into some interesting facts about Nebraska crops.
- Learn how crops grow and factors that affect them.
Learn the science behind crops issues and how crop science relates to careers, through fun activities!
- Be savvy on crop growth, diseases, insects and weeds.
- Just have some fun and test your knowledge with interactive games.
- Learn about exciting career opportunities related to crop and plant science. The University of Nebraska offers great majors for anyone interested in anything plants. Check it out!
Check out all the opportunities to learn through hands-on projects and workshops on:
- plant sciences,
- crop production,
- range management,
- Crop Science Investigation - integrated pest management.
Pick some of your own interesting projects and enter your project in your local county or state fair!
- 4-H Pick-a-Project Guide
- 4-H Crop Curriculum (ISU link)
- 4-H Range Management Curriculum
- 4-H Insectigator Curriculum
- 4-H Horticulture Curriculum
- 4-H Plant Science Contests
- Teaching Activities and Resources
Encourage youth to think more about agricultural careers with the help of educational resources for:
- 4-H Leaders
- Ag Teachers
- Extension Personnel
- Interested Parents/ Mentors
For more information on degree programs in agronomy or other plant science related careers:
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Department of Agronomy and Horticulture. See information and degree requirements.
- The College of Agriculture Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) offers 28 programs of study and two pre-professional programs in agriculture.