CropWatch is a central resource for University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension information on crop production and pest management. It is written by Extension Educators and Specialists and produced by IANR Media in the UNL Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Information is organized into two key areas, each of which offers thousands of crop-specific articles for Nebraska producers and crop consultants:
- The CropWatch newsletter, which includes timely articles published to the site's home page. New issues are published weekly during the heart of the crop production season and generally biweekly during the remainder of the year. Older articles are archived for later review. CropWatch also includes:
- Calendar of ag events and programs
- Daily news and updates via Twitter at UNL_CropWatch (also displayed on the home page)
- Ag decision-aid tools and resources from UNL Extension
- Content tags at the end of individual stories to help you located related articles released since April 2016. Use the Search box in the top right of every page or the Archives to locate additional articles.
- Crop-specific production and pest management sections, with additional sites for whole farm and production systems. Use the top red-bar navigation to access specific crop , management, and related topics.
The research-based articles published to this site are written by Extension specialists and educators from across the state for Nebraska producers, crop consultants, and agribusiness. To contact authors, access the CropWatch Contact resource or the UNL Peoplefinder at peoplefinder.unl.edu. To identify extension specialists and educators in your area, visit the UNL Extension Office Directory.
To learn more about the author of an individual story or to see what else they've written in CropWatch, click on the author's name.
If you would like to subscribe to email notices when a new issue of CropWatch is posted to the Web, please use the CropWatch Subscription button on the home page. You can also unsubscribe from CropWatch on the same page.
If you have questions or comments regarding the CropWatch newsletter, contact:
Lisa Brown Jasa, Editor
(402) 472-7981 or
For contact information specific to each section (for example, corn, soybean, insect management) see that section.
Reference to commercial products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is implied.