CropWatch Feb. 5-12, 2016
- Organize Grain Handling Safety Training for Your Community. It's free and offers life-saving benefits.
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update and Forecast. With more seasonably cold temperatures next week, don't expect all that snow to disappear too quickly.
- Central Plains Irrigation Conference & Exposition Feb. 23-24 in Kearney. Presentations on recommended practices, water resource management, and new technologies
- Report Reveals Rises in Nebraska Groundwater Levels after Multiple Years of Decline
- Nebraska Cover Crop Conference Feb. 25 at ARDC near Mead. Focus on value and use of cover crops in corn-soybean rotations.
IANR & Nebraska Extension
- Feb. 12 Market Journal with NDA Director Greg Ibach, market analysis with Roy Smith, rootworm control with Tom Hunt, the weather forecast with Al Dutcher and more.
- Agronomy Seminars in February, available online or in person at UNL. These seminars are available live at bit.ly/1FSnb25 and may be made available later on the department's web site at a later date. See more.
- Feb. 9 Entomology Seminar: Development of SmartStax for Corn Rootworm Control
- Feb. 12 Agricultural Economics Seminar: The Value of Social Capital in Cropland Leasing Relationships
- High Plains Ag Lab Research Update Feb. 18 in Sidney. Learn what researchers learned from trials with a variety of crops from field peas to sunflower to proso millet and get an update on the wheat stem sawfly situation.
Extension Program Reminders
- Growers Statewide to Share On-Farm Research Results on a variety of topics
North Platte, 2/8 | Grand Island, 2/9 | Norfolk, 2/11 | ARDC, Mead, 2/12
- Workshops to Address Growing Challenge of Pest Resistance
3/7 - Wayne | 3/8 - Clay Center | 3/10 - Grant | 3/11 - Scottsbluff
- Nebraska No-till and Soil Health Conferences
Feb. 22 in Hallam | Feb. 23 in Holdrege
- Precision Ag Workshops: Get More Value from Your Technology Data; 1- and 2-day formats
Clay Center, Feb. 15-16 | Gothenburg, Feb. 29-March 1