Market Journal with NDA Director Ibach
View the full Feb. 12 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
Feb. 12, 2016
On this week's Market Journal Nebraska Department of Agriculture Director Greg Ibach, discusses GMO labeling, the US beef trade to China, and the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
Also on the Feb. 12 Market Journal:
- Market Analysis — Roy Smith, farmer and grain marketing consultant from Plattsmouth, Nebraska, explains how the strength of the U.S. dollar and policies in Argentina are impacting corn and soybean prices.
- Packer Feeding — Dave Aiken, Nebraska Extension ag and water law specialist, describes producer protections in LB 176, which allows for packer feeding in Nebraska’s pork industry.
- Rootworm Control — Nebraska Extension Entomologist Tom Hunt discusses rootworm control in corn production.
- Weather Forecast — Al Dutcher, Nebraska associate state climatologist, gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
Market Journal will talk with Elaine Kub, author of “Mastering the Grain Markets” on how the U.S. economy and the strength of the dollar are impacting corn and soybean markets.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes