Need More Cents per Bushel? Grain Marketing Workshops at 6 Sites in March
January 28, 2016
Grain marketing workshops will be offered at six sites in March to help grain producers create a written post-harvest marketing plan customized for their operation.
Nebraska Extension educators will present location and commodity specific marketing information. Topics include developing a written marketing plan, and understanding basis and carrying charges. The workshops feature the Marketing in a New Era simulator and Decide NOW grain marketing smartphone App.
Register at go.unl.edu/marketingworkshops or by calling the number listed with each location. Each workshop will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. Registrations are limited to 40 participants at each site.
Workshops are funded by the Nebraska Soybean Board, Nebraska Corn Board, North Central Extension Risk Management Education Center, USDA-NIFA, and Nebraska Extension Innovation Funding.
For more information or assistance, contact Jessica Groskopf, Nebraska Extension Educator, 308-632-1247, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grain Marketing Workshop Locations
- March 3 in McCook at the Red Willow County Fair Grounds, West 5th St.; Contact: Robert Tigner 308-345-3390
- March 4 in Gothenburg at the Monsanto Learning Center, 76268 NE 47; Contact: Robert Tigner 308-345-3390
- March 7 in North Platte at West Central Research and Extension Center, 402 W. State Farm Rd; Contact: Robert Tigner 308-345-3390
- March 8 near Mead at the Agricultural Research and Development Center/Saunders County Extension Office, 1071 County Rd G, Ithaca; Contact: Keith Glewen 402-624-8000
- March 9 in Lincoln at the Lancaster Extension Education Center, 444 Cherry Creek Rd, Suite A; Contact: Tyler Williams 402-441-7180
- March 10 in Auburn at Nemaha County Fairgrounds 4-H Building, 816 I St.; Contact: Gary Lesoing 402-274-4755