Oct. 30 - Nov. 13, 2015
CropWatch Oct. 30 - Nov. 13, 2015
- How Will this El Nino Affect Nebraska and the Plains?
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update. October in review and what to expect in November, as well as a table with 2015 season length compared to 2014.
- Monday Webinars to Tackle Critical Farm Finance Issues. Start your week by focusing on management strategies to deal with tighter margins forecast for 2016.
- Cornhusker Economics: A Brief Overview of How Technology has Changed Futures Markets (Part 1)
- Cornhusker Economics: A Brief Overview of How Technology has Changed Futures Markets (Part 2)
- Profitability vs. Feasibility and the Paradox of Purchasing Farmland
Cover Crop Production
Cover Crops and Ecosystem Services: Insights from Studies in Temperate Soils UNL agronomists review an array of cover crop research projects conducted by multiple universities, examining the science behind the many services cover crops provide.
- University Research on Grazing Corn Residue, an Oct. 28 Extension blog
- Control of Sudden Death Syndrome begins the previous fall in corn residue, an Oct. 27 Extension blog
- Forage, Feed, and Grazing Restrictions for Row Crop Herbicides, an Oct. 26 Extension blog
- Stored Grain Management is Vital Now. Five steps to help maintain stored grain quality.
- In-Field Grain Bagging May Increase Harvest Efficiency
Pasture and Forage Management
Sugar Beet Production
- Sugar Beet Harvest in the Panhandle — From start to finish
Extension & IANR Programs
- Post-Harvest Grain Marketing Workshops start Nov. 5
- Nov. 11 State Crop Insurance Workshop Targets Risk Management
- Cornhusker Economics Meetings in November
- Field to Market Assessments to Improve Efficiency. Register now for these early December workshops and learn how to increase your farm's efficiency.
- Market Journal: Analysis of the grain markets, South American crops, and cattle health when grazing corn stalks and soybean stubble.