Market Journal Oct. 30, 2015
View the full Oct. 30 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal Elaine Kub, author of “Mastering the Grain Markets,” analyzes how the strength of the U.S. dollar could impact corn and soybean exports. Elaine also gives her thoughts on price movements in both commodities.
Also on the Oct. 30 Market Journal:
- Cattle Health — Richard Randle, Nebraska Extension beef veterinarian, talks about health concerns for cattle grazing corn stalks and soybean stubble. He also describes what producers should be doing to prepare their cattle for winter.
- South America Update — Alastair Stewart, DTN South America correspondent, gives an update on Argentina's presidential election, planting progress, and the size of the corn and soybean crops in Brazil.
- PEDv Update — Bruce Brodersen, UNL School of Veterinary Medicine and Biomecial Sciences associate professor, discusses how the Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea virus has impacted pork producers.
- Weather Forecast — Nebraska State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes