Feb. 10, 2017
CropWatch Feb. 10, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Considering Non-Bt Traited Corn for 2017? Create Your Scouting Plan Now
- Cornhusker Economics: A Short Introduction to the Distillers' Dried Grains Export Market. Over 80% of distillers dried grains exports come from the US.
- A Quick Look at Soybean Production in Brazil. Extension Cropping Systems Specialist Rodrigo Werle shares some of the soybean production practices he saw on a recent trip.
- Don't forget to participate in the Nebraska Soybean Grower Survey to identify factors that may be affecting soybean yield. Deadline is April 1.
- Growers Statewide to Share Research Results from 2016 Nebraska On-Farm Research Network. Five meetings, more than 70 projects.
2/20 ARDC | 2/21 Norfolk | 2/23 North Platte | 2/24 Alliance | 2/27 Grand Island
- Meet Bryon Chvatal, a Nebraska On-Farm Researcher and learn what he's learned from his projects.
- As Temperatures Warm, Spring Conditions Could Turn Wet. Nebraska could see complete removal of any drought indicators before planting season.
On this week's Market Journal, view segments on soybean production strategies in a tight-margin year; the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network result meetings; grazing cover crops; the farm income forecast and market analysis; and the forecast for the coming week.
IANR & Extension