Grain Marketing Workshops Continue Next Week in Eastern Nebraska
Grain Marketing Workshops Continue Next Week in Eastern Nebraska February 1, 2017
The Nebraska Extension Grain Marketing Workshops continue this month with location- and commodity-specific grain marketing information and tools to help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
Topics include developing a written marketing plan and developing an understanding of basis and carrying charges. The workshops feature the Marketing in a New Era (MINE) simulator and the Grain Marketing Plan smartphone application. (See the Cornhusker Economics article, Successful Extension Meetings and Innovative Economic Research: Grain Marketing Simulations, for more on the new MINE marketing tool.)
Register for these meetings at go.unl.edu/marketingworkshops. Each workshop begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. A complimentary lunch is provided. Workshops are funded by the Nebraska Corn Board. Registrations are limited to 40 participants each.
- Columbus — Feb. 6: Pinnacle Bank; contact: Allan Vyhnalek at email@example.com or 402-563-4901
- Mead — Feb. 7: University of Nebraska Agricultural Research & Development Center near Mead, 1071 County Rd G; contact: Keith Glewen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-624-8000
- Albion — Feb. 8: Casey’s Building on the Boone County Fairgrounds, 100 West Fairview; contact: Steve Pritchard at email@example.com or 402-395-2158
- Norfolk — Feb. 9: Lifelong Learning Center on the Northeast Community College campus, 801 East Benjamin Avenue; contact Wayne Ohnesorg at 402-370-4044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nebraska City — Feb. 20 at the Kimmel Education and Research Center, 5985 G Road; contact: Tyler Williams at email@example.com or 402-441-7180
- Beatrice — Feb. 21 at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott Street; contact: Paul Hay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402 - 223-1384
- Tecumseh — Feb. 22 at the Nemaha Natural Resources District, 62161 US-136; contact Gary Lesoing at email@example.com or 402-274-4755
- McCook — March 6 at the Red Willow County Fairgrounds; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390
- Lexington — March 7 at Dawson County Fairgrounds, 1002 Plum Creek Parkway; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390
- Broken Bow — March 13 at MidPlains Community College, 2520 S E St.; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390