Grain Marketing Workshops Continue Next Week in Eastern Nebraska February 1, 2017
The Nebraska Extension Grain Marketing Workshops continue this month with location- and commodity-specific grain marketing information and tools to help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
Topics include developing a written marketing plan and developing an understanding of basis and carrying charges. The workshops feature the Marketing in a New Era (MINE) simulator and the Grain Marketing Plan smartphone application. (See the Cornhusker Economics article, Successful Extension Meetings and Innovative Economic Research: Grain Marketing Simulations, for more on the new MINE marketing tool.)
Register for these meetings at go.unl.edu/marketingworkshops. Each workshop begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. A complimentary lunch is provided. Workshops are funded by the Nebraska Corn Board. Registrations are limited to 40 participants each.
- Columbus — Feb. 6: Pinnacle Bank; contact: Allan Vyhnalek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-563-4901
- Mead — Feb. 7: University of Nebraska Agricultural Research & Development Center near Mead, 1071 County Rd G; contact: Keith Glewen at email@example.com or 402-624-8000
- Albion — Feb. 8: Casey’s Building on the Boone County Fairgrounds, 100 West Fairview; contact: Steve Pritchard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-395-2158
- Norfolk — Feb. 9: Lifelong Learning Center on the Northeast Community College campus, 801 East Benjamin Avenue; contact Wayne Ohnesorg at 402-370-4044 or email@example.com
- Nebraska City — Feb. 20 at the Kimmel Education and Research Center, 5985 G Road; contact: Tyler Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-441-7180
- Beatrice — Feb. 21 at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 West Scott Street; contact: Paul Hay at email@example.com or 402 - 223-1384
- Tecumseh — Feb. 22 at the Nemaha Natural Resources District, 62161 US-136; contact Gary Lesoing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-274-4755
- McCook — March 6 at the Red Willow County Fairgrounds; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390
- Lexington — March 7 at Dawson County Fairgrounds, 1002 Plum Creek Parkway; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390
- Broken Bow — March 13 at MidPlains Community College, 2520 S E St.; contact: Robert Tigner at 308-345-3390