CropWatch June 22, 2013
A Saunders County producer is conducting research on his farm near Colon to see if applying 35 pounds of additional sidedress nitrogen per acre will pay back in increased yield. Contact an Extension educator for help in designing a research trial for your farm. See more information. (Photo by Keith Glewen)
June 22, 2013
- Postemergence Control of Emerged Waterhemp in Soybeans. Always a challenging weed in corn and soybean, the development of resistance creates additional issues. Recommendations for management to control waterhemp and curb further resistance development.
- Complexities of Diagnosing Early Soybean Stand Issues. Extension has received a number of inquiries this week as to what might be causing inconsistent stands in soybeans. Specialists examine possible causes associated with herbicides and diseases.
- Updated Recommendations for Nematodes in Corn
- Foliar Disease Management in Corn Webinar June 27
- Stalk Borer Predictor Map
- Strategies for Handling Scabby Wheat Grain. Growers are advised to scout their wheat for scab and if moderate to high levels are present, consider pursuing one of these management strategies.
- Wheat Disease Update for Central and Eastern Nebraska
- Harvest Aids for Winter Wheat. Poor winter wheat stands in drought stricken southwest and western Nebraska offer little competition for weeds. Harvest aid options are described.
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Alfalfa Weevils Attacking Alfalfa Regrowth in the Panhandle. After first cutting, 15-20 larvae per sq ft still found with some fields destroyed.
- Herbicide Challenges when Replanting to Forages
- Controlling Summer Grasses in Alfalfa
- Growers and Feeders Urged to Use NDA Hay Hotline
- Grain Market Analysis, International Trade, Short-term and Long-term Forecasts, and the Value of Irrigation
View Video segments online.