CropWatch December 2010: Story Index
Happy Holidays from NU Vice President and IANR Harlan Vice Chancellor Ronnie Green.
(This content requires Flash.)
December, 2010 – January 2011
- 10 Tips for Getting the Most Value from Your Fertilizer Investment
- Plan on Higher Fertilizer Costs in 2011
- Winter Application of Manure and Potential Nutrient Loss
- Why Manure Use on Cropland is a Good Investment
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Dec. 24 Market Journal: Wheat Markets Strong -- Clean Out the 2010 Crop
- Risk Management and Nitrogen Know-How Among Topics at Fremont Corn Expo Jan. 5
- 2011 Crop Production Clinics Feature Timely Topics, Start Jan. 5
- Jan. 8 Extension Workshop on Organic Weed Control
- Panhandle No-till Partnership to Sponsor 9 Workshops this Winter
- UNL Extension Offers Workshops for Private Pesticide Applicators
- No-till Conference Discount Offered to Nebraska Producers
- Managing Risk during Volatility among Topics at Nebraska Soybean Expo Dec. 16
- Extension Programs Focus on Empowering Farm Women
- Training on Land Application of Manure Offered in January and February
Market Journal Featured Segments (below)
View more selections at MarketJournal.unl.edu
- Chris Henry, extension engineer, discusses the advantages of sprinkler application of feedlot runoff.
- Tina Barrett, director of Nebraska Farm Business, Inc., discusses tax law changes
- Nick Mueller, senior market advisor with Stewart-Peterson, discusses market changes and action on the dollar
Ag & Rural News
- USDA: Nebraska Crop Condition on Dec. 31
- Bayer CropScience, UNL to Partner on Wheat-breeding Research
- Statewide Meetings to Address Broadband Needs
On the Dec. 17 Market Journal, Chris Henry, extension engineer, discusses why sprinkler VTA from feedlot runoff offers several advantages, including cost, low odor, and minimal loss of productive land for ponds.
Tina Barrett, director of Nebraska Farm Business, Inc., talks with Market Journal program host Doug Jose about how recent changes in tax laws can affect year end tax planning.
Nick Mueller, senior market advisor with Stewart-Peterson, talks with Market Journal host Doug Jose about market shifts and action on the dollar. This content requires Flash