CropWatch June 26, 2015
June 26, 2015
- Corn Yield Forecasting Center to project yields biweekly for 45 sites in 10 major corn producing states. See more on site locations and how you can use data for in-season management decisions.
- Corn Disease Update - Scouting Recommended. Northern corn leaf blight has been diagnosed in several eastern Nebraska corn fields and anthracnose leaf blight is being found statewide.
- Tackling Grower Questions Via On-Farm Research: Is cultivation warranted to help dry out soil? What would be the yield response from various rates of sidedress N?
- Stalk Borer Predictor Map.
- Strategies for Handling Scabby and Vomitoxin-Affected Wheat Grain and Effects of Vomitoxin (DON) on Human and Animal Health
- Wheat Disease Update. Fusarium head blight increasing; others receding.
- Wheat Stem Sawfly Infestation growing in intensity and area.
- 2015 Final Ag Land Values drop 2% averaged across land classifications.
- Farm Finance and Legal Aid Clinics in July
Alfalfa & Forage Management
- View this week's Market Journal on YouTube for segments on corn diseases, soybean diseases, ag trade with Japan and a forecast for the coming week.
Crop & Soil Moisture Reports
IANR & Extension
- Reminder: Weed Management Field Day July 1 at South Central Ag Lab in Clay Center
- UNL Hosting Crop Clinics on Precision Ag, Soils, Crop Diagnostics. Register now to reserve your seat for these July and August events.
- Landlord/Tenant Ag Lease Workshops this August Across Nebraska. It's recommended that both the landlord and tenant (including spouses) attend together to get the most value.