January 29, 2016
CropWatch January 29, 2016
- Producers' Help Needed to Identify Current Soybean Practices. Data will be used to identify opportunities for increasing yield under different systems throughout the soybean-production areas.
- Workshops to Address Growing Challenge of Pest Resistance
3/7 - Wayne | 3/8 - Clay Center | 3/10 - Grant | 3/11 - Scottsbluff
- Nebraska No-till and Soil Health Conferences
Feb. 22 in Hallam | Feb. 23 in Holdrege
Forage & Pasture Production
- See segments on using the Nitrogen Loss Assessment Tool, importance of ag topics in the presidential election, analysis of the beef market, discussion of Veterinary Feed Directive, and the weather forecast for the coming week.
- UNL Researchers ID Target of Disease-causing Plant Pathogens
- Camelina "Partnered" with Soybeans for Food and Fuel Benefits. Among findings of this USDA ARS research: "Net economic returns of relay cropping were competitive with those of full-season soybean, while adding the benefits of a cover crop."