March 24, 2017
CropWatch March 24, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Which Bt Traits do You Need to Purchase for Your Fields? Being selective may help save you money.
- Caution Urged on Farm Leases. At first glance leasing farm equipment may seem preferable to buying in a tight year, but be sure to consider all the pros, cons, and tax implications.
- Reduce the Cost of Planting Roundup Ready Alfalfa
- How to Reduce On-Farm Drying Costs
- Reduce Drying Time and Energy Cost by Filling Bins in Layers
- Cutworm Scouting Urged in Western Nebraska Wheat and Alfalfa
- Start Scouting for Wheat Diseases Now
- Cornhusker Economics: Costs of Reducing Potential Nitrogen Pollution in Wheat Production
Alfalfa & Pasture Management
- Pre-Season Alfalfa Irrigation May be Advisable
- Consider Planting Grass-Alfalfa Mixtures This Year
- Use Care with Prescribed Burns of CRP, Pastures
IANR & Extension
- Market Journal: View segments on drones in agriculture, a market analysis with Roy Smith, adding manure applications in field crop production, weed management for 2017, and the forecast for the next week.
- Reminder: Women in Agriculture Conference April 7 in Sidney. Registration deadline March 31.
- LEAD Fellowship Applications Available for Group 37; Due June 15
- Program on Drones in Ag April 6 in Harrisburg