Jan. 15, 2016
CropWatch Jan. 15, 2016
- 2016 Crop Budgets Released
73 crop budgets for 15 crops, available in PDF and editable Excel formats so they can be customized to your operation.
- Cornhusker Economics: Breakeven Points Drop for all Crop Budgets in 2016
Lower fuel prices among factors leading to decreases. See article for per bushel breakeven point for all the cropping systems.
- Video: Using Excel Worksheets for the 2016 Nebraska Crop Production Budgets
- Gabe Brown to Speak on Cover Crops, No-till Jan. 29 in Columbus
- What can We Expect from Forage Cover Crops?
- Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drones) in Agriculture: Free Symposium Jan. 29 with speakers from industry and UNL, 1-5 p.m. on UNL's East Campus
- Final Tally: Nebraska Corn, Soybean Harvests are Bin-Busters
- USDA Grain Stock Report: Stored grains are up from previous year; off-farm corn up 8%
IANR & Extension
- Experts Discuss International Trade during Heuermann Lecture
- Market Journal: Market Analysis, Trade, and Resistance Management
- Agronomy & Horticulture Seminar Schedule: Fridays this Spring. Nebraska Extension Plant Pathologist Tamra Jackson-Ziems will be discussing corn diseases at the Jan. 22 session.
- NeATA (Nebraska Agriculture Technology Association) Annual Conference is Feb. 3-4 in Lincoln on UNL's Nebraska Innovation Campus. Registration
- UNL Lectures on Water and Health Spring Schedule
- Register Now for 2016 Precision Ag Workshops: Get More Value from Your Technology Data; 1- and 2-day formats
Mead, Jan. 18-19 | Norfolk, Jan. 25-26 | Clay Center, Feb. 15-16 | Gothenburg, Feb. 29-March 1
- Crop Production Clinics Continue this Week
Tuesday at Atkinson | Wednesday at Norfolk | Thursday at Ithaca
- Training on Land Application of Livestock Manure to be at Multiple Sites
- Two sites added to Farm Succcession Workshops
Atkinson, Jan. 26 | Ord, Jan. 27 | Central City, Jan. 28 | More in Feb.