Market Journal: Market Analysis, Trade, and Resistance Management January 15, 2016
View the full Jan. 15 Market Journal episode or selected segments below.
On this week's Market Journal John Meuret, J.E. Meuret Grain Company, analyzes the USDA January Crop Report. He explains why fund positions on corn, wheat, and soybeans can have a big impacat on market prices. (See Jan. 15 for USDA report for Nebraska.)
- U.S. Ag Trade —Ambassador Darci Vetter, chief agricultural negotiator at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, talks about the value of agricultural trade to U.S. producers. This week’s Heuermann Lecture series presentation featured a discussion on ag trade with Vetter and former Secretary of Agriculture Clayton Yeutter. See story.
- Resistance Management — Tom Hunt, Nebraska Extension entomologist, discusses the importance of resistance management in corn and soybean production.
- Livestock’s Economic Impact — Eric Thompson, UNL Bureau of Business Research director, describes how increasing livestock production could create an economic benefit to Nebraska.
- Weather Forecast — Nebraska State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives the weather outlook for the coming week.
Luke Beckman, Central Valley Ag ProEdge grain sales manager, will be on Market Journal to analyze corn and soybean markets. Bob Nielsen, Purdue University Extension corn specialist, will discuss the challenges corn growers may face in 2016.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Monday, 12:30 p.m.
- Podcast on iTunes