CropWatch Feb. 20-27, 2015
March 4, 2015
Nebraska Farm Real Estate Report
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Values Slip 3% in Last Year.
- Cornhusker Economics: 2015 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates Reflect Changes in Agricultural Commodity Prices
February 20-27, 2015
- Corn and Soybean Herbicide Options for Planting Cover Crops for Forage in Fall. Which cover crops are allowed after which herbicides.
- Q&A on Responding to Uninvited Drones over Livestock. Your best response may involve the camera in your smart phone.
- UNL Study Characterizes Genetic Resistance to Wheat Stem Rust, dating back to Gage, a variety released by UNL and USDA in 1963.
Farm Bill Resources
- Farmbill.unl.edu — Information and decision-aid resources
Stored Grain Management
- Regularly Check Stored Grain Temperature and Moisture. As temperatures fluctuate and then warm, the potential for grain losing quality increases.
- SCN Update: 6th Annual 'Tode Awards Announced in recognition of efforts by producers and the Nebraska Soybean Board to test for soybean cyst nematode.
- View segments on analyzing projected planted acres, corn hail damage research, winter wheat condition, calving and breeding, and the forecast for the next week (Feb. 20.
- View segments on soybean seed treatments, the Supreme Court ruling on Republican River water use, the cattle market, and the weather forecast for next week (Feb. 27).
IANR & Extension Events
- Crop Scout Training for Pest Managers March 5
- Next Heuermann Lecture: Climate Change in the American Mind
- Chemigation Certification Training in Western Nebraska
- Nebraska No-till Conferences Feb. 23, 24
- Ag Estate, Transition Planning Workshops
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops
- Landlord Tenant Lease Workshops Continue