Sept 4, 2015
CropWatch Sept 4, 2015
- 2015 Forecasted Corn Yields Based on Sept. 2 Hybrid-Maize Simulations. As corn approaches black layer, models indicate potential for good to above average yields for much of the state.
- Good Soil Moisture Exists for 2016 Wheat. Recommendations for Panhandle growers.
- Fertilizer Management for Winter Wheat. Split applications recommended to stay flexible to market changes.
- Winter Wheat Varieties for the Nebraska Panhandle with yields and resistance ratings.
- Wheat Rust Resistances Shift in 2015. When selecting varieties, be sure to check this year's disease data to see if your variety has lost its resistance.
- Factors Contributing to Winter Wheat Winter Injury/Kill in 2014-15 and how to enhance survival this year
- Fall Strategies for Managing Wheat Diseases plus resistance ratings for stripe rust and Fusarium head blight.
- Welcome Cody Creech, new Panhandle wheat specialist, discussing research needs for dryland ag systems
- Video: UNL Plant Pathologist Loren Giesler on Sudden Death Syndrome (SDS) in Soybean. View other CropWatch videos at UNL_CropWatch on YouTube.
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update. A look back at August and a look at Husker Harvest Days weather over the years.
Forage & Pasture Management
- View Segments on Selling Options and Production Cost Concerns
Nebraska Extension & IANR Programs
- Cultivate Your Legacy Sessions at Husker Harvest Days. Introduction to farmland estate planning workshops to be held this winter.
- Cover Crop and Soil Health Tour Sept. 8 at Minden
- Reminder: Cover Crop Field Day Sept. 9 in Nemaha County
- Annie's Project in Scottsbluff to help farm/ranch women develop management skills
- September Farm Finance and Legal Aid Clinics. One-on-one, confidential, free.