CropWatch Oct. 9, 2015
October 9, 2015Corn Production
- Stalk and Ear Rots, Black 'Dusty' Corn Evident in Some Fields
- 2015 End-of-Season Corn Yields Based on Hybrid Maize Model Simulations: Above long-term averages in 25% of irrigated, 73% of rainfed fields.
- Corn Stalk Nitrate Tests (2014). Samples taken this fall can help you assess nitrogen applications.
- Avoiding Compaction at Harvest, including 10 Tips to Avoid Compaction on Wet Soils at Harvest Time
- Protect Your Health with the Right Mask for the Right Job (Archive; Videos)
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update. Temperatures were 2-8 F above normal in September; from April through August, they averaged 0.5 F below normal.
- View segments on Avoiding and Repairing Harvest Compaction, Stalk and ear rots in corn, Trans-Pacific Partnership impact for agriculture, and a Keystone XL Pipeline update