CropWatch Sept. 30, 2016
- In-Field Tips for Collecting Accurate Yield Monitor Data, starting with the most recent firmware and accurate monitor calibration.
- Related Publication: Precision Agriculture — Best Management Practices for Collecting Accurate Yield Data and Avoiding Errors During Harvest (EC2004)
- Scouting for Stalk and Ear Rot Diseases in Corn. Top dieback from stalk rot has been reported in some areas.
Dry Edible Beans
- Direct Harvest of Dry Edible Beans — Why some Growers are Transitioning to This System
Grain Storage (Archived)
- Long-Term Grain Storage Requires Good Management
- Pros and Cons of Alternative Storage Options
- Preparing Grain Bins and Equipment for Harvest
- Who is on your Farm and Ranch Management (FARM) Team? Building a strong team of advisors who know your operation can you help you in good times and tough times.
- Barriers to Successful Farm/Ranch Business Transfers (Sept. 28 Cornhusker Economics)
- Farm Finance and Ag Law Clinics Set for October
IANR & Extension
- Market Journal: On this week's show view segments on information resources from the Nebraska State Climate Office, a review of drought conditions during the last water year, ag trade with Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack, beef genomics, the cattle market and the forecast for the coming week.
- Changes at UNL Plant & Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- Don't miss: Science Advocate Mark Lynas to Present Oct. 10 Heuermann Lecture. His topic is "GMOs are Green: How an Environmentalist Changed His Mind about Biotechnology." Attend live, stream online or catch archived presentation later.