October 14, 2016
CropWatch October 14, 2016
- Harvest 2016 -- When Corn Yields are Below Expectations. A review of 2016 growing conditions sheds light on some possible factors affecting corn yields.
- Ear and Stalk Rot Diseases Becoming More Common in Corn Fields. What to look for and manage post-harvest.
- What's Causing Black "Dusty" Corn?
- Video: Watch an entire growing season in one minute
- Much, but Not All, of Nebraska Experiences Hard Freeze. See table of temperatures.
- From the archive: Wheat Seeding Delayed? Here's How to Compensate
IANR & Extension
- Mark Lynas Share his GMO Journey at Heuermann Lecture. An environmentalist and anti-GMO activist, Lynas publicly changed his position to a pro-science stance after delving into the research.
- View Lynas's Oct. 10 Heuermann Lecture on YouTube
- UNL Researchers Receive Grant to Assist Farmers and Ranchers with Economic Decision-Making (IANR News Release)
- Lagoon Closure Demonstration Nov. 1 near Concord
- Cost-Share Funds Available to Aid Organic Certification. Apply by Nov. 1.