CropWatch Nov. 11, 2016
- Short- and Long-Term Forecasts Suggest Highly Variable Winter Temperatures in Nebraska. Watch for a major change in the Nebraska pattern next week.
- Stripe, Stem, and Leaf Rust in Fall-Planted Wheat. With the above-normal fall temperatures, wheat rusts have occurred in the Panhandle and extended further east than with previous fall outbreaks. See more on the implications and economics of fall management.
- Understanding the Roundup Ready 2 Xtend Soybean Weed Management System and use of new dicamba products
- Precision Ag Data Management Workshops: Extract Value from your Data. You've made the investment, now increase the value you get from your precision ag tools. Seating is limited and on-line registration is now available for these hands-on workshops.
Alfalfa & Forage Management
- Nebraska Crop Reports, including photos from sugar beet harvest
- Market Journal: This week's segments include rust in winter wheat, grain marketing workshops, the Market Journal Roadshow and Economics Outlook, and Al Dutcher's forecast for the week as well as a preview of his Roadshow presentation on La Nina's potential impact on the 2017 growing season.
IANR & Extension
- Nebraska Extension Offers Training on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drones) for those interested in incorporating unmanned aircraft systems into their business operations and agricultural enterprises.
- Dec. 3 Conference to Focus on Alternative Ag Enterprises for Farm Families. From growing hops to mint and from producing goats to bees, speakers will address key information to help farmers and ranchers what might be a good fit for their family.
- Catch Up on Current Topics in Agronomy and Horticulture — If you missed these Friday afternoon talks, they're now available online.