CropWatch May 14, 2010: Story Index
As corn begins to emerge, check fields for wireworms, white grubs, cutworms and other early season insect pests. See story for treatment thresholds and more.
A May 8 freeze followed several days later by 5-6 inches of snow in some areas doesn't appear to have caused major damage to the western Nebraska wheat crop. See more.
May 14, 2010
- Panhandle Wheat Expected to Survive Freeze, Snow
- Diseases and Aphids in Eastern Nebraska Wheat
- Wheat Scab Alerts Available by Text, Email, RSS Feed
- USDA: Nebraska Wheat Forecast Down 10% from Last Year
Alfalfa & Forage Management
- Alfalfa Weevil Feeding Predicted
- Fertilizing Pastures for Extended Growth this Wet Season
- Controlling Ragweed in Spring Pastures
- Tips for Making Haylage
IANR/Extension Programs and Resources
- Panhandle Zone-Tillage Demonstrations May 19-20
- LEAD Deadline June 15: Step Up to Become an Ag Leader