July 9, 2010: Story Index
CropWatch July 9, 2010: Story Index
Pests in Corn
Corn growers should be on the alert for western bean cutworms (left), corn blotch leafminers, grasshoppers, and fungal and bacterial diseases, See more on identification and treatment in this week's CropWatch.
July 9 - July 16, 2010
- Why Control Volunteer Winter Wheat and Other Weeds in Wheat Stubble?
- Wheat Stubble Height Adds Value Now and in the Long Term
- Grasshopper Populations in Crop Areas May Warrant Treatment
- Western Bean Cutworm Moths Emerging; Start Scouting
- Corn Blotch Leafminers Damaging Corn in Central Nebraska
- Monitor Corn Disease Development (See related Market Journal segment below)
- Meeting the Nitrogen Challenge in Corn
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- UNL Panhandle Research and Extension Center Celebrates Centennial July 24
- A Brief Historical Perspective of UNL's Panhandle REC
- Market Journal Focuses on Current Corn Diseases
This content requires Flash Download the free Flash Player now!
On this week's Market Journal corn plant pathologist Tamra Jackson discusses what they're seeing in the field.