January 6, 2014
CropWatch January 6, 2014
Plan to Attend These UNL Winter Crop Programs
- Crop Production Clinics to Focus on IPM, New Sprayer Technologies. Plan now to attend one of these nine sites in January for a day packed with research-based information to improve your profitability and sustainability.
- Jan. 9 Fremont Corn Expo to Offer Ideas and Strategies to Remain Competitive
- Dry Edible Bean Day Jan. 14 at Gering
- Farm and Ranch Estate and Transition Planning Workshops in western Nebraska in January
- Pesticide Applicator Training and Certification. This year's topics cover the standards plus some new issues. About 11,000 private applicators statewide are eligible for recertification in 2014.
- Multiple Sites Offer Pesticide Safety Education for Certification and Recertification. Pick a site and make your plans now.
- UNL Precision Ag Workshops to be in Late January. Learn how to develop and interpret quality precision ag data to increase its value to your operation in 2014.
- University of Nebraska Water Lectures Begin Jan. 15
Cover Crop Production
- Webinar to Detail New USDA Cover Crop Termination Policy, based on discussions among USDA agencies looking at production and possible effects on crop insurance.