April 27, 2012 -- Index of Stories
CropWatch April 27, 2012 -- Index of Stories
With the early spring wheat disease are appearing even earlier. This wheat field has widespread wheat streak mosaic virus. (Photo by Stephen Wegulo)
April 27, 2012
- Timely Fungicide Application May be Warranted in Wheat. Continue vigilant scouting and be prepared to apply a fungicide to protect the flag leaf.
- Research: Planting Soybeans Early Results in Increased Yields. A multi-year, multi-site study finds average yield increases of 3 bu/ac.
- Scout Early Emerging Soybeans for Bean Leaf Beetles. Will our mild winter lead to more or fewer bean leaf beetles? Extension entomologist Tom Hunt offers some insight as well as what to expect if problems develop in your fields.
- Don't Forget the Supply Side of Agricultural Land Markets. Even with high land prices, farmland owners appear to be holding on to their real estate. How is this affecting the market.
Extension Programs & Resources
- Market Journal Speaker Looks at Current Grain Markets
- Grant Awarded for North American Invasive Plant Short Course
- Farmers, Ranchers, Water System Managers Urged to Consider Dry Conditions
- Cattle Producers Urged to Prepare for Potential Drought
- How UNL is Creating Wind to Improve Sprayer Efficacy and an Update on How the Ethanol Industry is Faring
- Labor Department Release on Withdrawal of Proposed Ag Child Labor Change
UNL Extension Ag Policy Specialist Brad Lubben discusses the latest changes in the proposed farm bill with Market Journal program host Jeff Wilkerson.