CropWatch March 6, 2015
- Nebraska Farm Real Estate Values Slip 3% in Last Year. Cow-calf land uses increase while most cropland categories see decreases. Cash lease rental rates follow similar pattern with rents increasing on hay and grazing lands.
- Cornhusker Economics: 2015 Trends in Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates Reflect Changes in Agricultural Commodity Prices
- 5 On-Farm Cover Crop Studies in Clay, Franklin, Phelps, Saunders and Seward counties show varied results when looking at yields of subsequent crops after cover crops. Also see how you can conduct your own research as part of the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network.
Farm Bill Guides
- 2014 ARC-CO Corn Payments Expected for Nebraska Panhandle
- PLC May Benefit Banner, Dawes and Deuel Dryland Corn Acres. In these three counties, the ARC-CO corn payments are calculated separately for irrigated and non-irrigated acres.
- 2014 Farm Bill Yield Update (Video). Extension Educator Tim Lemmons shares what you need to know and where to find it in this short video on YouTube.
- See AgEcon.unl.edu/farmbill for more farm bill information and watch CropWatch next week for statewide information on ARC-CO potential payments.
- Nebraska Ag Climate Summary (PDF). Trends from February, Forecasts for March, and a look at the norms for an upcoming holiday weekend.
- 4 Steps to Ensuring Forage Stand Success. Before planting alfalfa or other forages this spring, take these steps to provide for successful establishment and better yields.
- Dormant Spray Now for Weeds in Alfalfa. Get a headstart on your weed management before they outgrow the treatment window.
- Soil Test New and Established Alfalfa.
Soil Fertility Management
- Research Identifies Attributes of Industrial Byproduct for Soils. UNL-ISU researchers study field applications of lime-stabilized spent microbial biomass in no-till corn and soybean fields.