CropWatch August 14, 2015
August 14, 2015
- Corn Yield Forecasts Based on Aug. 12 Hybrid Maize Simulations: Yields at most sites near or above average if freeze holds back.
- Corn Disease Update and Fungicide Research Review, drawing insights from similar season late-season fungicide application research. Learn more at Aug. 19 South Central Ag Lab Field Day
- Corn Maturity and Projected Freeze Dates
- Nebraska 2015 Fall Seed Guide Published On-Line: Interactive at http://bit.ly/1Plx5il; print friendly PDF at Digital Commons.
- The Pluses and Minuses of Using Scabby Wheat as Cover Crop Seed
- USDA August Harvest Forecasts for Nebraska Crops: Corn, Soybean, Wheat, Sorghum, Dry Beans, Sugarbeet and Alfalfa
- USDA Aug. 9 Weekly Crop Condition and Progress Report
- Nebraska Dry Bean Field Tour Aug. 18
- South Central Ag Lab Field Day Aug. 19 near Clay Center
- Landlord/Tenant Lease Workshops Continuing Across the State
- EPA Proposes Stronger Standards for People Applying Pesticides with the Greatest Risk (External link). EPA is inviting public comment on the proposed changes during a 90-day window.
- Nebraska Drought Monitor is the best since July 26, 2011.