CropWatch April 9, 2010
Working with Extension educators and specialists, farmers are tackling their questions and conducting replicated field trials to find the solutions.
Early indications are that rangeland in the western half of Nebraska is at moderate to high risk of hopper damage this year.
April 9, 2010
- Western Nebraska Rangeland at High Risk for Grasshopper Damage
- Nebraska Corn at Low Risk for Stewart’s Wilt and Flea Beetle Damage
- Recommendations for Controlling Winter Annual Weeds
- Practical and Economic Impacts of Not Controlling Winter Annuals
- Calibrating a Handheld Sprayer
Alfalfa & Forage Production
- Weed Control in Spring-Seeded Alfalfa
- Adjust Alfalfa Management for this Season’s Conditions
- Replacing Alfalfa with Grass-Alfalfa Mixtures
Extension Resources & Programs
USDA & Ag Reports
- Nebraska Weather & Crops, April 12, 2010 USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service, Nebraska Field Office