CropWatch Sept. 9, 2016
- Preview the exhibits and demonstrations in this week's story and plan to engage with Nebraska Extension educators and specialists about how you can apply these tools on your farms and ranches.
- Ron Yoder, IANR interim vice chancellor for the UNL Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, describes why this year's theme is so important for Nebraska agriculture.
Corn and Soybean Production
- Corn Yield Forecasts as of Sept. 7. Nebraska yields forecast at near- to above-average levels, except for three sites. Most sites across the Corn Belt good, but not record-breaking.
- Stalk Rot Diseases Developing, Including Anthracnose Top Dieback
- Corn and Soybean Diseases Reported by UNL PPDC
- Federal Price Support for Winter Wheat. Three programs growers may want to consider this year.
IANR & Extension
- View Market Journal segments on controlling marestail, soybean marketing, the future of the Trans-Pacific Partnership and the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, and the forecast for the coming week.