CropWatch Nov. 4, 2016
- Stripe Rust Found this Week in Panhandle Wheat. If additional areas develop, UNL researchers would like to know and follow up.
Corn & Soybean Production
- Forage, Feed, and Grazing Restrictions for Row Crop Herbicides. Before you turn out your cattle, be aware of any herbicide restrictions.
- Why Test for SCN This Fall? Are your soybean yields less than you expected in some areas, leaving you singing the "Soybean Blues" described by this author. Find out how to change that tune for 2017.
- Cash Flow and Tax Planning - How We Got Here and How to Plan for the Long Term
- Market Journal Roadshow featuring Cornhusker Economics Outlook Speakers Nov. 28 - Dec. 2 (Market Journal release)
- University of Nebraska Researchers on Development on a Sustainable Soya Bean-based Feedstock for Aquaculture in the Plant Biotechnology Journal and Building a Better Bean in Forbes
- Detecting Seasonal Changes in Evergreens Provides New Tool in Climate Change Research (UNL News)
- Public Perceptions of Genetically Engineered Nutraceuticals (a Cornhusker Economics article). UNL research looks at the level of consumer acceptance of third generation GM food products such as nutraceuticals that confer more personal than agronomic benefits.
IANR & Extension
- Laura Thompson Receives Fellowship to Visualize Big Data
- Market Journal This Week: View video segments on the dead cat bounce in soybeans and other market analysis, risks of fall nitrogen applications, and the forecast for the coming week.
- Farmers & Ranchers College Returns Dec. 14 with ag economist David Kohl
- UNL Soils Judging Team Heading to Nationals (SNR Release)
- UNL Launches Industrial Hemp Research, looking at potential use in lubricants, plastics (in Lincoln Journal Star)
- Nebraska Extension on Grain Bin and Farm Safety (Video on 10-11's Pure Nebraska Thursday)
- Nebraska Drought Monitor: The area of Nebraska reported as abnormally dry or in drought increased from 18% last week to 36% this week, with most of the increase in central and southwest Nebraska.
- Nov. 9 Crop Insurance Workshop to Focus on Risk Management Strategies
- Landlord/Tenant and Flexible Lease Workshops start Nov. 14 and continue through December
- Farm Finance and Ag Law Clinics Set for November
- Grain Marketing Workshops Offer Valuable Info in Year of Low Prices. Check the schedule and mark you calendar now to get location- and commodity-specific information.