July 28, 2016
CropWatch July 28, 2016
- 2016 Corn Yield Forecasts as of July 27 for 41 sites in 10 Corn Belt states. Data suggests four Nebraska sites may be looking at below average yields, while other sites are near or above average.
- Corn Disease Update: Southern Rust Confirmed in 10 Nebraska Counties and common rust, gray leaf spot and physoderma reported.
- Corn Disease Update Meetings; Samples Welcomed
- Aug. 4 at Lexington
- Aug. 5 at Grant
- Soybean Aphids Found in Northeast Nebraska; Scouting Warranted
- Soybean Aphid Management — Why We Use a Threshold of 250 Aphids Per Plant
- Sclerotinia Stem Rot (White Mold) in Soybean: What to Look For
- Soybean Management Field Days Aug. 9-12. Don't miss these field demos, research updates and presentations and bring your pest/crop injury samples for identification and pivot pressure regulators for testing.
- New Herbicides & Managing Multiple Herbicide-Tolerant Crops. If you missed the UNL Weed Management Field Day, learn about the weed management demonstrations and resulting recommendations.
- Winter Wheat Variety Test Results are being added as available to this site.
- View segments on the western Nebraska wheat harvest; research on residual herbicides, cover crops, and alternative crops; the health of the ag economy, including fixed and variable costs, land prices and interest rates; and the forecast for the coming week.