CropWatch April 29, 2016
- Scout Emerging Corn for Insects; Don't Assume Protection as high cutworm populations can overwhelm treated seed or Bt hybrids. Most cutting occurs within the first seven days.
- Insect Moth Trap Counts from 12 Sites
- Wet Conditions Favorable for Seedling Diseases in Early Planted Corn
- Planting Corn into a Cereal Rye Cover Crop
- Conditions Favorable for Wheat Diseases. If stripe rust, fungal leaf spot diseases, or powdery mildew are present at low to moderate levels in your wheat, consider applying a fungicide to protect the flag leaf.
- UNL Plant Pathologist's Book Offers Tales of Scientific Discovery, some in our backyard
- May Ag Finance & Ag Law Clinics — free, confidential counseling
- April 29 Market Journal: Farm finances, scouting corn for insects, legislative recap and the weather forecast for the next week
- Rockey Stresses Importance of Ag Research in Heuermann Lecture (IANR news release)