July 1, 2016
CropWatch July 1, 2016
- 2016 Corn Yield Forecasts: Approach and Interpretation of Results. University specialists in 12 states are working together to model real-time, average corn yield estimates for 41 sites across the Corn Belt.
- Post Harvest Weed Control in Winter Wheat. Timely weed control in wheat now can mean fewer weeds & disease for the next crop.
- Pre-Harvest Weed Control (July 24 article)
- Scout Field Borders for Grasshoppers. Get the jump on immature stages while control is still doable.
- Japanese Beetles Emerging; Identification Key to Management
- Extension Crop Reports & Photos
- USDA NASS Acreage Report (June 30)
- USDA NASS Stored Grain Report (June 30)
- US Drought Monitor for Nebraska (June 28)
- Market Journal: View segments on grain markets, Brexit & ag exports, FAA UAV (drone) rules, insect scouting in corn, soybeans, and alfalfa, and the forecast for the coming week.
- Get Hands-On Learning at Midsummer Crop Management Diagnostic Clinic July 13
- Reminder: Resistant Palmer Amaranth Management Field Day July 12 at Shickley