CropWatch April 18, 2014: List of Stories
April 18, 2014
- Did this Week's Low Temperatures Injure Nebraska's Wheat? UNL Agronomist Bob Klein explains when damage is likely. This week USDA rated Nebraska winter wheat condition as 2% very poor, 10% poor, 29% fair, 52% good, and 7% excellent.
- Climatological Benefits for Early Planted Soybeans - A Case Study. A UNL climatologist looks at precipitation patterns in late April and early May at three Nebraska sites.
Dry Bean Production
- State Climatologist Al Dutcher sees several "significant" opportunities for rain in eastern Nebraska in the next two weeks.
Extension & IANR Programs
- Market Journal: How will China's Cancelled Soybean Order Affect US Markets.
- Impacts from Partnering with Military Serving in Afghanistan. Extension Educator Jenny Rees shares a unique perspective on UNL Extension's partnership with the Nebraska National Guard Agribusiness Development Team.
- Heuermann Lecture April 22 to Focus on Food Security Impact on Children