- Fertilizer Suggestions For Corn Nutrient application is often needed to optimize corn production, EC 117 (*Extension Circular PDF, 621 KB; 4 pages)
- Spatial management of nutrients is often profitable: Soil Sampling for Precision Agriculture, EC154 (*PDF, 154 KB; 4 pages)
Site-Specific Nitrogen Management for Irrigated Corn, EC163 (*Extension Circular PDF, 466 KB; 8 pages)
- No-till corn often has an early growth response to starter fertilizer: Using Starter Fertilizers for Corn, Grain Sorghum and Soybeans G361 (*PDF version 642 KB; 3 pages)
Key to Nutrient Deficiencies in Corn and Sorghum - CropWatch article, July 2009
Plant symptoms can be used to differentiate and identify crop nutrient disorders. Symptoms of nutrient deficiency vary with variety, growing conditions, and plant age and similar symptoms may be caused by other abiotic or biotic stresses. Use this key to help identify 7 nutrient disorders observed in Nebraska corn and sorghum.
Much nitrogen is often applied which needs to be well managed to minimize water contamination: Agricultural Nitrogen Management for Water Quality Protection in the Midwest: a Heartland Regional Water Coordination Publication, RP189 (*PDF 1.85 MB, 32 color pages).
Soil sampling is essential to good nutrient management. Guidelines for Soil Sampling, G1740, (924 KB 4 pages).
*PDF documents require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Download free.
Slide Rule Offers Quick Calculation for Nitrogen Rates
Click here for more information on how to obtain your slide rule from CropWatch.
- Uganda Fertilizer Optimizer - is intended to maximize net returns on investment in fertilizer for finance constrained crop production through optimized selection of crop-nutrient-rate combinations. It considers 15 crop-nutrient response functions including functions for maize, sorghum, rice, dry bean, peanut, and soybean. NEW
*requires Excel 2007 or later
- Hybrid-Maize Model - A computer program for simulating corn growth and yield
- Corn Nitrogen Recommendations Calculator
- Yield Check - An algorithm for filtering yield monitor data. (compressed zip file includes PDF explanation document)