The selection of adapted and complementary varieties is one of the most important decisions a wheat grower will make in any given season.
By choosing varieties that complement each other you will improve yield stability on your farm and maximize protection from disasters brought on by diseases, insects, or drought.
When visiting the many varieties on this site, consider:
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each?
- How will it fit your farming practices?
- How will it fit with varieties you are currently using?
Each new variety you select will likely replace an existing variety, so it needs to fit the entire package for your farm.
- Use the UNL Winter Wheat Variety Selection Tool to screen varieties for the traits you are interested in.
- Read about the variety characteristics and view images in the Virtual Tour.
- Check the most recent winter wheat variety test results.