For information and recommendations on hemp production in Nebraska, please see the CropWatch articles and related resources below.
- Hemp Production in Nebraska
- Hemp Production for Fiber or Grain
- Hemp Production for CBD
- Applying for Industrial Hemp Production in Nebraska
- Industrial Hemp Production (Hemp 101 - Everything You Wanted to Know), a PDF of a presentation by Ismail Dweikat, a professor in the UNL Department of Agronomy and Horticulture
- The Nebraska Department of Agriculture Hemp Program website has information on
- testing site applications and process;
- hemp pesticide list; and
- LB657, the Nebraska legislative bill allowing hemp crop production which was signed into law on May 2019.
- Purdue Industrial Hemp Project: biology and botany, agriculture basics, uses, and business development
- Doane University is offering an online three-course Professional Cannabis Certification Program, Cannabis Science and Industries: Seeds to Needs."
Insect Management Considerations in Hemp Production, published by Colorado State University
- Developing Insect Pest Management Systems for Hemp in the United States: A Work in Progress, Whitney Cranshaw, Melissa Schreiner, Kadie Britt, Thomas Kuhar, John McPartland, and Jerome Grant in the Journal of Integrated Pest Management, August 28, 2019.
- Kentucky Hemp Disease, a scientific look at diseaes of Kentucky hemp, including data from a greenhouse trial of susceptibility to powdery mildew and a fungicide trial.
- Root Diseases Prevalent in Industrial Hemp, North Carolina State University Extension
- Pacific Northwest Pest Management Handbook with sections on Olive Leaf Spot in Hemp (Cannabis sativa) and Powdery Mildew in Hemp (Cannabis sativa)
Industrial Hemp Production, a Pennsylvania State University resource with budget worksheets for fiber and grain production
In the News
- Hemp Pitfalls and Promise: Alarm Sounded by Midwest Grower, published by AgWeb Sept. 5, 2019