On this week's Market Journal UNL Extension Economist Cory Walters analyzes the latest USDA crop estimates. Walters also discusses factors to consider when marketing crops after extreme weather scenarios.
Also on this week's show:
- Hail Damage Recovery — UNL Extension held meetings this week in Bradshaw, Marquette, and Uehling to provide producers with information to aid in post-storm management decisions. Market Journal reports from Uehling where more than 120 farmers gathered to learn about assessing damage, determining insurance options, and moving forward with the same or a new crop.
- Herbicide-Resistant Weeds — There are seven species of herbicide-resistant weeds in Nebraska. Amit Jhala, UNL Extension weed management specialist, gives an update on resistance issues in the state. For more information see
- Herbicide-Resistant Weeds In Nebraska;
- this week's related CW article; or attend
- the Weed Management Field Days or
- the Herbicide-Resistant Weed Management Field Days.
- Weather Forecast — State Climatologist Al Dutcher gives his forecast for the coming week.
View this week's program, as well as previous programs, online at marketjournal.unl.edu and watch for future broadcasts on these networks.
- NET1 – Saturday, 7 a.m. CT
- NET2 – Sunday, 9 a.m. CT
- Podcast on iTunes