Cowboy is an awned, white-glumed, hard red winter wheat that has been jointly released by the Colorado Agricultural Experiment Station and the University of Wyoming Agricultural Experiment Station and is marketed by the Crop Research Foundation of Wyoming (CRFW). Cowboy is medium in height and coleoptile length with fair straw strength and has adequate winter hardiness for the central and southern Great Plains area.
- Moderately susceptible to stripe rust and moderately resistant to US races of stem rust.
- Heterogeneous (mixed) for resistance to Hessian fly.
- Susceptible to leaf rust and (Ug99) stem rust.
Contact the following certified seed growers for this variety:
- Kriesel Certified Seed, Gurley, 308-884-2424
- Carter Certified Seed, Chappell, 308-874-4583
- Campstool Farms, Kimball, 308-235-7284