Youth Crop Scouting Competition
The purpose of the competition is to
- Provide students an opportunity to learn crop scouting and principles of integrated pest management (IPM) for corn and soybeans in Nebraska,
- To obtain knowledge and skills that will be helpful in future careers
- Demonstrate newer crop scouting technologies.
CASH PRIZES AVAILABLE!
- First place- $500
- Second Place- $250
- Third Place- $100
- Top 2 teams will them compete at a Regional Competition in Iowa August 30-31st, 2016.
Print Program Details and Registration Form!
2016 Competition is Sponsored by:
- DuPont Pioneer
- Nebraska Soybean Board
- Nebraska Independent Crop Consultant Association
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Nebraska Youth Crop Scouting Competition
Colfax County 4-H'ers won the 2016 Competition.
Nebraska Extension is pleased to offer the 3rd annual Crop Scouting Competition for Nebraska youth at the UNL ARDC building near Ithaca, Nebraska on August 2, 2016.
- Four teams from across Nebraska competed in 2016
2016 Results were as follows:
- 1st Place - Colfax County 4-H
- 2nd Place - Humphrey FFA Team 1
- 3rd Place - Ashland-Greenwood
- Other teams consisted of Humphrey FFA Team 2.
4-H or FFA Youth who have completed 7-12th grades
Team coaches can consist of extension faculty/staff, ag teachers, agronomists, or interested community members.
Competition Consists of the following:
Field Stations (corn/soybean diseases, abiotic/biotic problems, soybean/corn insects, corn/soybean growth staging, weed ID, nutrient mgmt., research and general scouting)
Crop Scouting Resources