December 2, 2016
Cover Crop Research Briefs
- Value of Oats and Brassicas for Fall Forage
- Cover Crop Mixtures: Effects of Diversity and Termination Method on Weeds, Soil, and Crop Yield
- Implementation of Cover Crops in Corn and Soybean Systems in Nebraska
- Impact of Cover Crops on Corn and Soybean Yield in Nebraska On-Farm Research
- Finding the Balance Between Corn Yield and Cover Crop Biomass
- Interseeding Cover Crops into Corn
- Cover Crop Mixture Diversity and Function
- Triticale: A Useful Cover Crop Component
- Small Grain Annual Forages Following Soybean Production
- Can You Hear the Corn Grow? Yes! Researchers listening to corn grow over the season garner new insights into the mechanics of wind-induced corn stalk breakage which, in turn, may lead to genetic improvements in plant structure.
- On this week's Market Journal Tamra Jackson-Ziems discusses why next season's disease management in corn starts with the seed you're selecting now.
- Cornhusker Economics: Farm Program Payments and Projections looks at the ARC and PLC programs—important components of the farm income safety net— and the outlook ahead for these programs.
Nebraska Extension Events
- Nebraska Soybean Day & Machinery Expo Dec. 15
- Southeast Nebraska Successful Farmer Series Starts Dec. 16 with programs on cover crops and wheat
- Workshops on Field Assessment to Improve Efficiency Start Dec. 5
- Business Succession and Estate Planning Workshops Start Dec. 7
- Ag Lease Workshops Continue, this Week at Norfolk, O'Neill, Ord, and Lincoln
- Register by Dec. 5 for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) training at Mead Dec. 14 and by Dec. 8 for Dec. 16 training at Grand Island
- Find more information on Crop Production Clinics and new Nebraska Crop Management Conference, all scheduled for this January
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL crops specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
Crop Production Clinics
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.