July 31, 2015
- Disease Update: Southern Rust and Gray Leaf Spot Increasing. Southern rust has now been laboratory-confirmed in a number of south central and eastern counties
- July 29 Hybrid-Maize Yield Forecast. With warmer temperatures the last two weeks the range of forecasted corn yields for both irrigated and non-irrigated fields narrows.
- 2015 UNL Wheat Variety Trial Results (and more to come)
- Cash Rent Increases: When is the Right Time to Give Up a Lease? External link to this week's UNL Cornhusker Economics.
- View segments on southern rust in corn, rootworm damage in UNL trials, phosphorus benefits to corn, and soybean aphid research.
Nebraska Extension Programs
- Reminder: Managing Herbicide-Resistant Palmer Amaranth Field Day Aug. 4
- See High-Tech N Sensors in Action at Field Demonstrations — Aug. 6 at Chapman, Aug. 20 at York and Aug. 24 at Deshler
- Landlord/Tenant Ag Lease Workshops Start Aug. 10 and continue across the state through August.
- High Plains Ag Lab (HPAL) Field Day Aug. 11
- Nebraska Soybean Management Field Day Aug. 11-14
- South Central Ag Lab Field Day Aug. 19
- UNL In-Field Clinics on Soils (Aug. 26) and Late Season Crop Diagnostics (Aug. 27)
- 2015 Sorghum Field Days Sept. 2, 10