February 24, 2017
Strengthening Nebraska's Agricultural Economy
- Rotation Impact on Irrigated Corn and Soybean Yields in Nebraska. Corn-soybean rotations offer documented yield increases.
- Cutting Costs Without Hurting Yields: Fertilizer N Rates in Corn after Alfalfa. Are you underestimating the N credit from alfalfa and spending on N your crop won't use?
- Find more articles in this series from Nebraska Extension
- Q&A: When is the Best Time for Kochia Control? Are these colder temperatures apt to kill early outbreaks?
- When they Return, Take Advantage of Warm Spells to Control Downy Brome
- New Corn Herbicides for 2017.
- Update on Bacterial Leaf Streak of Corn in Nebraska, confirmed in 51 counties.
- Stabilizing Your Farm's Financial Condition and Profitability. The authors outline 5 steps you can take to improve the financial outlook for your operation.
- Nebraska Soil Temperatures. Check out new maps and locations provided by the Nebraska State Climate Office.
- Precision Ag Makes Farming more Sustainable, Profitable. A look at Nebraska Extension Engineer Joe Luck's work helping farmers apply new technologies.
- View segments from this week's show on corn and soybean market analysis, USDA surveys, the outlook for spring weather, alfalfa survival this winter, managing resistant weeds, and next week's forecast.
IANR & Extension
- UNL High Plains Ag Lab Research Update March 2
- March 2 Speaker to Explore Using No-till in Organic Farming
New Nebraska Extension Ag Publications
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL crops specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
UNL_CropWatch on TwitterTweets by @UNL_CropWatch
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.