October 21, 2016
- Nebraska Perspective on Efficacy of Cry1F Bt Corn Against Western Bean Cutworm. Unfortunately, this isn't a new concern in some parts of the state.
- High Corn Ending Stocks and Post-Harvest Marketing Plans: Understanding how market fundamentals can impact changes in future prices.
- Cornhusker Economics on Development and Use of the Marketing in a New Era (MINE): A New Interactive App. Learn more about using this app in your operation at Nebraska Extension Grain Marketing Workshops to be held across the state this winter. The first series is in southwest Nebraska this November and December.
- Nebraska Extension Pest of the Month: Cheatgrass. Fall offers optimal window if using herbicides for control.
- 5 Tax Deductions for Your Farm that you may be overlooking.
- Crop Insurance Workshop to Focus on Risk Management Strategies Nov. 9 in Grand Island
Nebraska Crop Reports
- Crop and harvest updates and photos from Nebraska Extension and USDA NASS
- September Summary from Nebraska State Climate Office: State Flip-Flopped Through Highs, Lows (NSCO site)
- View segments on Cry1F cfficacy against western bean cutworm, ear rots in corn, harvest progress and yields as well as basis movement and wheat acares, food safety modernization, and the forecast for the next week.
- Register now for Market Journal Roadshow featuring the Cornhusker Outlook Series from the UNL Department of Agricultural Economics Nov. 28 - Dec. 2 in Kearney, Sidney, Norfolk and Lincoln.
IANR & Extension
- IANR Spotlight: the Nebraska Tractor Test Laboratory (IANR News)
- Agronomy and Horticulture Department Head Appointed to National Advisory Board
- Corn Residue Field Day Oct. 28 at Scottsbluff
- Field Pea Production Workshop Nov. 4 at Culbertson
- Annie's Project Retreat Nov. 4-5 in Scottsbluff
- Grain Marketing Workshops to Feature Location-Specific Information and help grain producers minimize losses during this time of low prices.
- The Sandwich Generation: Farm/Ranch Transition When You Aren’t in Control. Six October workshops offer guidance for those caught in the middle between parents who own the land and children who want to join the operation.
- Landlord/Tenant and Flexible Lease Workshops this Fall. Renegotiating your lease? Both parties will benefit from these workshops.
- Crop Reports
- Recent CW News
- Ask an Expert — Contact a UNL specialist
- UNL Crop Blogs
- IANR Mobile Apps
- Extension Resources
- Other Crop Resources
- NebGuides & Extension Circulars
Crop Production Clinics
High-impact training for ag professionals & producers
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.