Widespread rain across much of the state on already saturated soils is leading to ponding and some flooding in southern and southeast Nebraska. See this week's Field Reports. (Photo by Brandy VanDeWalle)
May 27, 2016Corn Production
- Q&As: How much N is Left? Do I need More Starter When Replanting? Check out these responses to grower questions.
- Should I Keep my Initial Corn Stand or Replant (back by popular demand)
- Wheat Disease Update from this week's field survey
- Wait for Better Conditions before Heading out on Wet Soils. Practice patience or risk compaction.
- Despite Planting Delays, Don't Plant Too Shallow
- Atmometer (ETgage) Installation Tips. Done planting? Now's a good time to install ETgages and water sensors.
- Irrigation Sensor Installation Tips
- Nebraska Crop Reports - April-May 2016, including USDA NASS and Extension reports
- UNL, Industry & Growers Study Potential for Multi-Hybrid Planter Applications in Corn and Soybeans
- Unmanned Aircraft Research is Taking Off at NU, a look at some of the many projects underway
- Potato Leafhoppers Feeding in Alfalfa Earlier than Normal
- July 15 Deadlines Approaching For Annual Forage Insurance
IANR & Extension
- Calling Tomorrow's Ag Leaders: LEAD Applications Due June 15
- View the May 27 Market Journal with market analysis with Roy Smith, nitrogen loss with Brian Krienke, short- and long-term forecasts with Al Dutcher, and more.
- Plant Breeding for Non-Plant Breeders Online Course Starts June 6
- No-till, Soil Health Field Days at 2 Sites in June
- Weed Management Field Day June 29 at Clay Center
UNL_CropWatch on Twitter
Television for Ag Business Decisions
Timely stories for crop and livestock producers on markets, risk management, ag policies, and more.
Ag Radio Features
Tune in to these on-line audio clips for information for farm, ranch, and home.