January 13-20, 2017
UNL CropWatch January 13-20, 2017
January 20, 2017
Institute of Agriculture & Natural Resources (IANR)
- University Leaders to Meet with Public During 11-City Nebraska Tour Starting Jan. 23. You're invited to register now to attend one of the sessions to hear from and talk with top university decision-makers. (IANR News)
- Growers Urged to Keep a Watchful Eye for Wheat Viruses, especially in fields where volunteer wheat was prevalent.
- Nebraska Extension Readies People, Resources to Aid Farmers Facing Stressful Loan Renewal Season. Find more information on the programs described in the story in CropWatch with more information in upcoming issues on tools and strategies to build economic resiliency on your farm. (IANR News)
- Boehm: IANR's Trajectory is on the Rise. Mike Boehm, the new vice chancellor for the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources, shared a little of his vision and philosophy with faculty and staff this week at the "IANR All Hands" meeting. Meet Mike Boehm. (IANR News)
January 13, 2017
- Preparing for Farm Loan Renewal Time. How can you make your operation the best it can be through a stressful renewal season? See what to consider before you go into your renewal appointment.
- Nebraska's Estate Plan for Your Farm. Provisions in Nebraska laws for administering your estate and transferring your assets, as well as who pays inheritance taxes.
- Estate Planning Workshops in January and February
- Apply Now for Innovative Youth Corn Challenge where teams compete for cash prizes
IANR & Extension
- FFA CEO Mark Poeschl Urges All to Take Responsibility in Feeding the World at the most recent Heuermann Lecture
Upcoming Nebraska Extension Programs