Jan. 8, 2016
UNL CropWatch Jan. 8, 2016
- IANR Establishes Nebraska State Climate Office, putting together "a critical mass of climate experts to address Nebraska-centric issues relating to weather and climate." Its initial focus will be on identifying services and engaging users, especially in the agriculture sector. Learn more about this important development in IANR.
- Nebraska Ag Climate Update. The winter outlook plus the year 2015 in review, including how Nebraska reporting sites set more than 1,715 "warm" and "cold" records in December.
- Register Now for 2016 Precision Ag Workshops: Get More Value from Your Technology Data; 1- and 2-day formats
Mead, Jan. 18-19 | Norfolk, Jan. 25-26 | Clay Center, Feb. 15-16 | Gothenburg, Feb. 29-March 1
- Now available: 2016 Spring Seed Guide with information on UNL corn and soybean trials
- The Effectiveness of Neonicotinoid Seed Treatments in Soybean: New Purdue University publication reviews current research on neonicotinoid's efficacy, non-target effects, and potential role in soybean production
- Dry Edible Bean Day Jan. 12 at Gering
- Jan. 12 Heuermann Lecture to Focus on International Trade. Featured speakers: Clayton Yeutter, former US secretary of agriculture, and Darci Vetter, chief agricultural negotiator of the Office of the United States Trade Representative.
- Pesticide Sprayer Nozzle Selection Workshop Jan. 15 at ARDC
- Crop Production Clinics Continue this Week
Tuesday at Beatrice | Wednesday at Hastings | Thursday at Kearney
- Western Nebraska Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease Workshop Jan. 19