Western Nebraska Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease Workshop Jan. 19
A Landlord/Tenant Cash Lease workshop will be offered at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 19. The event will help landlords and tenants work together to develop a lease that is right for them and helps maintain positive leasing relations.
Workshop topics will include:
- information on land values and cash rental rates for the area and state;
- expectations from the lease, including goal setting for the rental property;
- lease termination, including terminating handshake or verbal leases;
- lease communication, determining appropriate information sharing for both the tenant and landlord; and
- pasture rental agreements.
Extension Educator Jessica Groskopf will present common-sense tips. It is helpful if both the tenant and landlord attend together, including spouses, if possible.
This free workshop is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board. Register by Friday, Jan. 15, by calling 308-632-1247.
More than 2,800 people have attended UNL landlord-tenant workshops across Nebraska over the past two years. The vast majority of both landlords and tenants find the workshop to be very helpful in improving communications, setting rental terms, and learning about the use of flex lease provisions. As crop budgets tighten, it is even more important to attend and listen to the latest discussion about leasing issues.
For more information or assistance, contact Jessica Groskopf, Nebraska Extension Educator at the Panhandle Research and Extension Center, 308-632-1247, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.